Thursday, October 8, 2026

Good Morning, Istanbul.

We enjoyed a very lazy night last night. Right now Michael is still sleeping, and I am out on the balcony in my cushy robe watching the day break.

Sometimes when we are traveling I try to plan certain days of the trip around the phase of the moon typically preferring a full moon for the picturesque drama.. For instance. I scheduled a night visit to the Taj Mahal to see the moonlight make the marble glow. The haze in the city was so bad we never even saw the moon light alone moonlight, but I tried. Alternately, I have planned around the new moon in order to enjoy optimum viewing of the northern lights. 

For this trip I didn’t pay attention at all until everything was planned and then realized we wouldn’t have a full moon. Yet as sometimes things work out, perhaps it is more fitting that I am sitting here this morning in Turkey 🇹🇷 with a tiny crescent moon peeking around the next skyscraper.



No comments:

Post a Comment