Saturday, October 3, 2026

Today

I posted the chillaxing picture in the moment but so much more happened throughout the day.

Bwahahahaha! I crack me up!

No just kidding. Nearly nothing else.

I did, however, take a stroll to the nearest beach, Bonj Beach, to collect a sand sample for the collection we have from every island we have ever visited.  I gave up on spice jars years ago because the storage space required was just too onerous. So we downsized to test tubes. 

This is Bonj beach. A beach by the true definition of a beach. That being a sloping landform covered with well whatever next to a body of water. But it took me forever to dig down to find teeny enough little pebbles amongst all of the big rocks so that they would fit into my little test tube…


Walking back I stopped to take a picture of the harbor with the Fortico above from a different angle. 25 minutes later I knew the life story of the 60-year-old, yes she told me three times that she was 60 years old, woman who immediately started talking to me on the pier. Seriously, literally before I could even hold my phone up to take a picture Did you know that back in the day she trained for 10 years to qualify to try to climb Mount Everest? That she’s retired? But she used to be a personal trainer, but she’s got a little thick in the middle? And that she wants to needs to get back to swimming or exercising or something to get back in shape? Anyway, I did finally get the shot…a bit of sunburn and the shot.


Tonight when we went back down to St. Stephen’s Square for dinner, the boats were back at it. I may have to start listening to classical music although I’m not sure that my living room will create the same appropriate ambience as a medieval village does. The bright lights on the performance stage however were not on and creating glare tonight so I could get a picture of the hillside with the Fortico above lit up at night. Lovely.


Goodnight, Hvar. 




No comments:

Post a Comment