Sunday, October 4, 2026

Hello, Split.

Another ferry ride today.  It’s a little strange to think that for 20 years our life was full of ferry rides. Anguilla to St. Martin.  St. Martin to Anguilla.  Back and forth, forth and back. But since then, until now, nary a boat. 

Anyway, Hvar to Split today. Then a short, luggage-laden walk to our luxury apartment rental. I recognized the building from the pictures and the Google map directions took us there but there wasn’t anything on the building or the door that indicated we were in the correct place.  Except this on the door bell list


I knew we were in apartment “Nancy” on the third floor so it turned out we were in the right place.  And I have to say I am somewhat comforted knowing that the British and Italian Consulates are in the same building.  “Nancy” is huge…paced off I would estimate 800+sq feet with two little balconies overlooking the harbor. And three different air conditioners. 

We set out to explore Split.  We are right next to a Diocletian Palace gate. But what a maze of street and alley ways! It reminds me a bit of Naples (Italy not Naples, Fl) in that way.  But you can usually see the cathedral spire to find your way.  Which we did. We will do the touring tomorrow. But wandered about to see a few sites.


The rotunda

The intricately carved door way in the rotunda

Some random wall I found in my wanderings


And sunset from one of our balconies.  A good day all around.






No comments:

Post a Comment