Monday, September 14, 2009

Here he comes!

OMG what a day! The most challenging hike I have personally ever taken. Met up with Amahoro family (means peace) after two hour hike through ungodly mountainous jungle. I am sure I will recover in time. Meet gahinga in this photo - a strapping , young black back who from the photo you can see is cocking his right hand to knock me backwards to the ground. Think he was venting his spleen towards one of the babies on me. Or on the other hand he may have been threatened by my obvious power. No matter - he pounded his chest, charged and knocked me to the ground. Rolled one of the trackers downhill. Unfortunately this was the least painful part of the day. Mike
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

3 comments:

  1. You're just lucky you didn't show up at dinner time! Gorillas 1, Mike 0!
    I hope he doesn't remember you tomorrow.......... , maybe you'll have a chance to get even. Did Georgia get a quick snapshot of your "contest." The good part is it sounds as though you are getting very close and personal. Try some of Georgia's perfume -- she didn't get attacked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My dad got his ass kicked by a gorilla, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt." :^D

    That's pretty awesome - I'm jealous! What "babies" were on you? Didn't get that part.

    ReplyDelete