Friday, November 6, 2015

About Those Towers

Not much more that I know of to talk about in Kuala Lumpur than the Petronas Twin Towers. So here are a few fun facts to save you having to Google them yourself.

They stand 88 stories and 452m high (that's 1,483 feet or more than 1/4 mile )

They each weigh 300,000tons (though I'm suspicious that this may be a rounded number otherwise it was an amazing feat of advance planning to come out exactly even like that after the initial 299,999 tons)

That includes a total of 77,000 sq m of vision glass (not sure what prescription the vision glass is. I'll see tomorrow when I go inside if things outside look bigger or smaller than they really are - ha ha I crack me up!).

Meanwhile, here is tonight's view from the ground below them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment