Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Ten Thousand Steps

I can’t imagine when the last time was that I walked over 10,000 steps in a day. But yesterday was one of those days.  I don’t wear any kind of fitness tracker or pedometer, but I went on two adventure hikes yesterday for a total of about 3.5 hours over boulders and lava fields and sand. A woman was with me in both groups who reported at the end of the second hike that she had logged just under 10,000 steps. So by association, I had too.

So the good news is that I didn’t die from over-exertion, that my back barely bothered me at all, and that there were lots of very cool things to see:
More boobies - these were the blue footed ones doing their mating dances which I will NEVER be able to upload from here - but trust me they were freaking adorable!
More frigates with babies.
A galapagos hawk 
Iguanas all over.
Lava lizards
And even one teeny snake maybe 7 or 8 inches long that is apparently a constrictor but I was not afraid as I am sure I could take him in a fight.
And lava, lava, lava and more lava in crazy ropes and bubbles and other patterns over an amazing barren but beautiful landscape. (Sorry for the weird spacing but it took 1 hr and 20 min to upload these and I am afraid to mess with even this level of success)






1 comment: