Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Auray

 Yesterday, the 19th, we drove over to Auray.  Had a lovely stroll. Had a lovely lunch of charcuterie and rose wine and fresh oysters (from 15 minutes away). Had a lovely stroll. And headed back here. 

Then a lovely dinner here in Vannes at Bistro de Jeanne (thank you, Nathalie Lesenechal for the recommendation). On one hand, I have to admit that I have yet to experience a beurre blanc sauce that compares to Tropicana’s in Marigot SXM. On the other hand, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the offering of a complimentary shot of rum after dinner appears to be French, too! 




1 comment:

  1. Oh you were in my hometown 🥲 would have loved to meet you. An other nice place I discovered is L’ Antidote in Vannes not far from the Cathedral. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete