Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Doha by the skin of our teeth

Well we are here in doha in the first class lounge. Freshly showered but in strange led lighting. But the miracle is not that Michael is bathed in a rosy glow but rather that he is here at all ...our travel tale of near woe unfolded like this:
It was sunny and warm as we took off on time from SXM. With about a2-1/2 hour layover in Miami we were elated.   Until we landed in Florida. .on time but. ..wait. .the guys in the seats next to me said. ..hmm this isn't Mia. ..what? What?
No it was fort myers!  Look it up on Google maps. ..that is a close but no cigar. ...seems there was bad weather blowing through Miami so we had to touch down and refuel elsewhere. ..
No worries you think. Certainly our outgoing flight will be likewise  delayed. Nope 
Long story short. ..Michael went ahead to the gate where I waited for the one stupid bag we shouldn't have checked in the first place then I ran as fast as my little legs would carry me as they kept calling my name over the PA system ...last call. ..as I'm saying oh please somebody call gate 14 and tell them I am almost there. ...and when I arrived ...the agent said 'lucky you,  20 seconds later and we would have shut the door. ...
Whew. ....
But on the upside. .empty plane so pretty much everyone in coach had the seats to themselves. ...thank god. ...now on to Yangon 

2 comments:

  1. Well at least he looks happy to be there...?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys - we are enjoying your blog! Linda and Gerry Halischuk xx

    ReplyDelete