Thursday, October 29, 2015

Sittwe in pieces

I have to use email to post here so this will have to come in bits.

My apologies.

 

Wednesday was a travel day: Yangon to Sittwe. At first we were surprised that there were actually a fair number of tourists on the plane with us…Sittwe not being on the usual tour route. But then we found out that the plane was stopping in Thandwe at the beach. Ah ha. That’s where they all got off. By the time we got to Sittwe there were just 7 of us.

Our guide took us directly to our hotel. First let me say that as a room goes, it was not the absolute worst place I have ever stayed (Having stayed in some similar establishments in Ethiopia and even Chile). However, when this sign is hanging on your bathroom wall, well, I think it gives you an idea of the general environment:

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment