Sunday, October 24, 2010

In Peru

I got sick on the plane from Iguassu to Sao Paulo Friday afternoon. And then had to fly 6 hours again yesterday. Oh joy. Chills, aches, stomach upset. Michael always gets so frustrated with me like I do it on purpose in spite of the fact that I am careful about what I eat and use sanitizing gel constantly. Could be I just don’t drink enough alcohol. Meanwhile, other folks in the group (some who only did the first week, others that did the extension to Iguassu) also reported getting sick. (we went to Iguassu after the other folks left.) So it wasn’t just me. Tried sending him off to dinner with the veterinarians last night without me so (1) he wouldn’t have to keep giving me the evil eye for being sick and (2) so I could maybe recover and be 100% today. But he decided not to go. The time difference from Brazil to Peru is three hours so we'd been up since the equivalent of 2AM. So just room service. Friday night I only had chicken soup. Last night I opted to go for the Minestrone.
Have you seen 'Bridget Jones' Diary'? The bright blue soup she makes for her birthday dinner? Well, my minestrone was fluorescent green. Attempt that on an upset stomach.
Anyway, this morning I am feeling better and starving. Not the 100% I was hoping for but better. It has been suggested that we take the time today to visit the Natural History Museum so that's what we will do.
Probably no great photos unless I get back to the little videos I took of the falls just to try to capture the sound.
Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment