Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It was just my imagination - Temptations

OK. Sitting in the first class Sumaq lounge at the Peru Airport. Lord it's good to have 'status' again. And in the interest of full disclosure, I did not want the picture Michael posted last night of the Nazca line image to mislead. Lord knows when we were first told to look out the window and spot the line image of the whale we felt pretty deceived. There are freakin' lines everywhere and no convenient red dot or flashing light to draw your eyes to the line(s) that are making up the image. Quite honestly it is almost as hard at first as picking a constellation out of a sky filled with stars. Add in the banking and turning and the fact that you only have a few fleeting seconds to find the image yourself, try to explain its location to your spouse (without landmarks....how do you say...'hey, it's there. next to that other line. you see, the fat line.  no not that fat line....etc etc etc) and then snap a picture before your stomach is churning off to the next image.
In spite of that, since I had the better seat, even though I am not the photographer of the pair and need my reading glasses to even begin to see the display on my cheap little camera, just like the monkey and the typewrite and Shakespeare - I managed to capture images of almost all the images we saw. No I didn't get the whale but that was the first one and I'm lucky I ever even saw it in the first place.
So here is a before and after so you understand. The original view as captured from the plane. And then the CSI-enhanced version.

No comments:

Post a Comment