Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Lunar rainbow

Granted I don't think the moon is full until Friday but we decided to just stroll down to Devil's Throat all alone at 10pm to look for the fabled lunar rainbow. What the hell? What could go wrong?
Well first of all, cellphone displays do not make good flashlights. Second of all, it is creepy walking down a completely deserted road in only moonlight.
Thirdly, I don't remember anyone telling me whether to act like a bear or a log in the face of a jaguar attack.
Fourthly I should consider a stealth companion with better hearing and vision because by the time, if ever, that it registered with Michael that the elevator at the viewing platform had coughed back to life, illuminated itself and started to move, Freddy Kruger would have killed us both. (I, of course, was off the wall and crouched down behind it before you could say, 'Ax murderer throws woman over Iquassu Falls'. It turns out the damn elevators must run automatically from time to time just for the hell of it!
Anyway, saw the rainbow - faint and with minimal color but it was definitely there. Will try again tomorrow if I recover from my stroke.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment