Sunday, June 16, 2024

I Don’t Think We are in Kansas Anymore, Michael.

 Yesterday was a tough day.  Coach seats (gasp) Port Moresby to Brisbane and then on to Perth arriving at the Westin hotel at 2am Port Moresby time. 

Let me stipulate here that Michael and I always wanted to travel more not fancier. If we could spend our travel dollars on two budget-accomodation trips rather than one luxury one, that was the goal. Clean and safe was all we wanted in a place to lay our heads. Never cared about other stuff (enough to pay for it).

I booked us these two nights here because the “pre cruise “ night with silversea is at this hotel Tuesday night.  Michael had points. I don’t even know what room I picked initially.  I only remember that I checked a month or so ago and the rewards points needed had dropped about 30% so I rebooked it for less.   (Momma didn’t raise no fool.) When we checked in the desk clerk told us that we had been upgraded to a club level suite (free breakfast, club lounge access, cocktails and bites in the evening etc).  Lovely thanks.

I mentioned that we would be here three nights…the third with the cruise and she said that night wouldn’t be in this level room. Did we mind moving or did we want to be in the cruise room the whole time. I laughed, “ do you want to know if we want a lesser room than the one you’re offering us? Because we are very tired, but we are not stupid.”

So here we are on the 22nd floor in a corner club level suite that is 1130 ft.² of crazy luxury. There are so many light switches privacy blinds, sheer blinds, amenities, and the most magically lightweight, but cozy, but fuzzy, but silky, soft robe I’ve ever snuggled in in my life.

We had no particular plans to do anything today, but to regroup and to recover from the first part of our trip. So we are going to make the best use of this sweet suite that we possibly can.

No, Dorothy. Quite right. Not Kansas.

I believe THIS place is called OZ!




1 comment:

  1. Must have felt divine after the travel🤗

    ReplyDelete